The Adoption Process
- Submit your application online through here.
- Complete a Home Study with a qualified homestudy worker.
- Attend adoptive parent training classes. You can view a schedule here.
- Create a non-identifying Family Profiles. Your adoption coordinator will give you guidelines to help you create this profile. These are for birth parent(s) to review and help with their decision when choosing a family for their child.
- You will review birth parent information and decide which situations to show your Family Profile.
- The birth parent(s) will review your profile and select you. Meeting the birth parent(s) would occur after this. Click here to find out more.
- Placement will occur. Adoption Network of Colorado will guide you through this process. Adoption Network of Colorado will help with finalization of adoption and post-placement supervision.
Adoptive Parents Criteria
- Age between twenty-five and fifty.
- Complete adoption training and education prior to finalization of their adoption.
- Approved Home Study.
- Provide letters and photos of the child to the birth parent(s), at minimum, after the baby is born. Any additional contact/visitation will be decided prior to birth.
- Being available for monthly post placement telephone calls and/or visits until finalization of your adoption.
- Pediatrician’s reports from each doctor’s visit until the adoption is finalized.
- Any past criminal history must be disclosed in the Pre-Application.