1. Can I adopt more than one child at a time?

The CCCWA (China Center for Children’s Welfare and Adoption) only allows one child to be adopted at a time. If the adoptee is a twin or multiple births or has siblings, the adoption will be exempt from the limitation of two.

According to the CCCWA’s guidlelines, there should be a one year interval between the second adoption application and the previous one (from the adoption registration date of the previous adoption to the current adoption application date).

2. Do I need a visa to travel to China?

Yes. You will apply for travel visas approximately 6-8 weeks prior to your travel date.

3. What languages do the children speak?

Mandarin is the official language in China, although there are many different dialects throughout the provinces.

4. What information will I receive when I receive my referral?

When you receive your referral, you will receive photos (and possibly videos) of the child, a medical examination report, and a letter of introduction about the child.

5. Can I use any US based adoption agency?

No. The agency you choose must be Hague-accredited. The aency must also have licensing with the CCCWA.