1. Can I adopt more than one child at a time?

Yes, additional fees will occur.

2. Do I need a visa to travel to China?

Yes, one can be issued on arrival at the airport.

3. What languages do the children speak?

Mandarin is the official language in China, although there are many different dialects throughout the provinces.

4. What information will I receive when I receive my referral?

When you first receive your referral, you will receive a picture, Medical Examination Report and a letter of introduction about the child.

5. Can I use any US based adoption agency.

No. First, the agency you choose needs to be Hague-accredited. Second, the Agency must have licensing with CCCWA.

6. Do Chinese Citizens living in the US receive priority?

While all adoptive parents must follow the same procedures outlined here by the Hague-agreement, China does prefer to place Chinese children with families of Chinese descent. Please contact IAN for more information.

Contact Us

Fill out the form below to find out more about your international and domestic adoption options.